Hudson Edwin. . . rather than Hudson David (which we had previously thought). Why the change, you may ask? Well, I think it is a rather neat story! :)
When we got the referral (even before we had looked at his picture) - I ran back to the computer to just see the email come in. I had to wait for Clint so we could look at him together.
His given name was in the subject line - Edwin - was his first name. "EDWIN!" I shouted to my mom (who was there at the time). "His name is Edwin!" I was so excited and shocked because my grandpa's name is Edwin. And I have never heard of a baby being named that and it seemed especially unique coming from another country. We just kind of laughed in amazement and then I called Clint to tell him. As I was on the phone - my mom called me into the kitchen. On the radio was playing "Go Light Your World" - a song that they had put pictures of orphans to for a presentation previously. Then the radio announcer said, up next "Fernando Ortega." We just laughed and laughed because Fernando was Edwin's given middle name! WOW! Even before we saw his picture, we felt a great peace that he was going to be our child. Then seeing him, just sealed the deal. We love him so much!
So we debated, should we keep his name Hudson David or use part of his given name. We found out that his birthmother named him so that made us want to use it even more. I told my grandpa that they shared the same name. "I thought you would like that," I said. "Well, I DO!!" he replied. :) If you know my grandpa - you can imagine the inflection in his tone when he said - "I DOOO!!" :)
Anyway, that is that!
p.s. I'm sorry to all those who are English or Writing majors. I would rather be expressing myself verbally. . . I know my writing leaves much to be desired. I hope you can get past my improper sentence structure and run ons. :)
We invite you to join us as we travel on our adoption journey to Guatemala and back. We don't know where the road may twist and turn but we look forward to getting to our final destination...... HOME with Hudson!
Wednesday, November 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment