We invite you to join us as we travel on our adoption journey to Guatemala and back. We don't know where the road may twist and turn but we look forward to getting to our final destination...... HOME with Hudson!

Sunday, November 26, 2006

First Ever Blog!!

Hello all! I decided it would be a good idea to journal my thoughts as we proceed along our adoption journey - mostly for Hudson to have as he grows up but also to keep my family and friends updated.

We are right in the middle of things - waiting to go into Family Court and get the DNA tests done. I am anxiously awaiting an update from our agency tomorrow. We get those each week and more if something new happens throughout the week. We also will be receiving updates each month of Hudson - pictures and info. I love that! God is So faithful. We love Hudson as our own son - just the same as we love our daughters. I didn't know it was possible to love someone so much - who we've never met or even touched - just seen through pictures... A few different times, I was reading the Bible - not asking for a sign, just spending time with Him - and I read "Ask and ye shall receive, Seek and ye shall find..." "And, whatever you ask in my name, it shall be given you..." "how much more the Father loves to give good gifts to His children..." SO, I've been asking for a VERY quick adoption process, for all to go smoothly, for Margarita (his birthmother) to be proactive and helpful in keeping the process moving along, for a caring and proactive social worker and judge, for Hudson to be healthy and happy... I don't fully understand what Christ is telling me - but I do know that He continues to draw me to him through prayer. I don't know where this road will lead but I do know that God is in CONTROL. Please pray that we will continue to trust this and take one step at a time!

We feel very humbled and blessed that God has called us to adoption - and so thankful for friends and family who love us, are praying for us, and who have supported us financially. Thank you!

3 comments:

ajp said...

I look forward to reading your stories as Bekah and I are excited to be able to meet Hudson some day.

Jessica said...

This is great! Hudson will love reading this journey through adoption someday. What a gift you are preparing for him! We are praying for you as we know how much you would love to hold and kiss him right now! He is in GOOD hands : ) We love you guys!
Blessings!
Team Leman

Taylor said...

Oh, what a great idea. I am sure Hudson will someday read this and smile at how God has personally touched his life and placed him in such a perfect home with loving parents and two wonderful siblings!What could be better than knowing how much he was loved before he was even home! I am praying for you in your journey of adoption and also that God would touch and bless others through this process as he has you! Lots of Love to you all!