We invite you to join us as we travel on our adoption journey to Guatemala and back. We don't know where the road may twist and turn but we look forward to getting to our final destination...... HOME with Hudson!

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

one other thing

Please please pray for Margarita (Hudson's birthmother). If she is unable or unwilling to come to Family Court, the process will not move forward. She will be signing papers throughout this process and at any time could stop everything - even permantly. I am praying that she will do everything she can to make this smooth so that Hudson can get to us fast. She is doing such a brave and wonderful thing by giving him life and allowing us to adopt him: we are TRULY grateful for that!

By the way, Family Court is basically just a big interview between social worker and birthmother. The social worker will be asking a variety of questions to Margarita (her family, background, even why she chose adoption...). This will all be compiled into a homestudy and we will get all that info. when the adoption is finalized. I look forward to reading that!

1 comment:

Taylor said...

Oh, Jami...I am not sure what more to say other than I am praying for you and I will take it to my small group to pray for you tonight as well - the more the better. Be comforted by the fact that many, many people are standing beside you in prayer! Hang in there - we love you!!!