I want so much to glorify Christ throughout this adoption. I have tried to wait with a positive attitude yet I realize that though I might not be complaining, I have been focusing on the negative. I see it in my own heart when rather than waiting with excited anticipation of what God is going to do, I think about what could go wrong in the future (mainly PGN). I worry about what if we get kicked out of court several times, what if Hudson is 1 year or older - how will he adjust, what if... But, you know what - Christ longs for me to rest in His presence, to relax and enjoy the fact that He is in Control and I don't have to be. So I am going to choose to be thankful. Lord, give me the grace. You know my weakness and my struggle against worry. Calm me and give me your peace and joy throughout this process. Jesus, I love You!
Thank You Lord...
*that our paperwork wasn't completely ready in September (when we initially planned to accept a referral) because Hudson wasn't born yet and we wouldn't have him
*for our wonderful agency who has been behind us every step of the way, supporting us and working for us
*for Hudson - what a joy he has already brought...though we only know him through pictures, our love for him is immeasurable
*that our adoption has proceeded smoothly...we have not had to reschedule any meetings, his birthmother has been available and is doing her part to keep the process moving along
*for our attorney...our agency said that she is like an extended part of their family
*that he is in loving foster care, I feel confidant in the care that he is given and thankful!
*that he has been healthy and growing well...at his three month checkup he was 15 pounds!
*that we get to go visit our son - holding him and loving on him SOON!
*for praying family and friends (you!) who have supported us in so many ways - THANK YOU! *for the desire to adopt in the first place - You changed my heart, Lord...you turned my fear into passion and excitement
*for leading us through each day
God, You are Good! I praise Your name! Please strengthen me and lift me up. Guide me and give me Your joy. What are you going to do, Lord?!
We invite you to join us as we travel on our adoption journey to Guatemala and back. We don't know where the road may twist and turn but we look forward to getting to our final destination...... HOME with Hudson!
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I really appreciate your honesty and your heart Jami. Thanks for sharing your journey with us. It helps us to know better how to pray. You are always in my thoughts and prayers!
Mindy
Oh do we relate! What if...What if...What if...drives me crazy playing out the worst possible scenarios in my head. Lord, protect our minds and hearts! We are so excited for you guys to head to Guatemala. Wish we could go with you. Praying our babies home, Bekah Moser
Post a Comment