We invite you to join us as we travel on our adoption journey to Guatemala and back. We don't know where the road may twist and turn but we look forward to getting to our final destination...... HOME with Hudson!

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Visiting Hudson!!


I am so excited! We have decided to go visit Hudson in March!! I can't believe that in less than one month I will be holding my son, kissing him, caring for him, and just plain loving on him!! We will be in Guatemala for 4 days, all of which we will have him! I just reserved our room at the Marriot in Guatemala City. This is the hotel where everyone goes and it looks Beautiful! My agency said that there are always families there who are picking up or visiting their children; they even have a couple of adjoined rooms for families to gather - with toys, etc. The weather is in the high 70's on average...not bad! :)


I know that leaving him will be VERY difficult but I am so grateful for the opportunity to be with him now. Please pray that our adoption speeds up. That we will enter PGN in March and get through quickly. As of now, files entering PGN are not signed until 40 business days (approx. 2 months). If a file gets kicked out (likely) the cycle starts over (another 40 bus. days). This has occured without exception lately. Well - I am praying for an EXCEPTION!! Actually, for a whole lot of exceptions. I have family and friends waiting for their child too-PLEASE Lord turn the tide.


PLEASE pray for us and for EXCEPTIONS!!! I love you all!! I can't wait to send our personal photos and video of Hudson...Ahhhhhh! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I shouted a big THANK YOU LORD when I read this! So very exciting! I think I would be so selfish the whole 4 days and hold him the whole time! : ) Not really but wow, you wont hardly want to set him down for a minute! We are praying for you and for the exeptions! We Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

That is so exciting!! I'm so happy for you to be able to visit Hudson! I can't wait to see pictures and hear about your trip! We are praying!

Mindy :)

Amber said...

I've been thinking of you often Jami knowing you guys were trying to decide and thankful for your time that to look forward to with your little guy! We'll keep praying.

Taylor said...

I am so happy for you Jami. It will definately give you something immediate to focus on for a while and hopefully relieve the aching for him temporarily! I am sure you will enjoy holding your baby and perhaps cry a bit too! It will be soon dear, hang in there! You are in God's heart!

Mrs. Hany said...

Jami, that is incredible that you get to visit Hudson (sorry I am a little late, I have been busy on the beach). We will pray for you your saftey and strength (I know that leaving will be hard, but you are so strong in the Lord). When I read this my heart just swelled with love for you and for hudson.

Rebekah said...

Jami we are SO happy for you guys that you will finally get to hold little Hudson and that he will get to meet you. I can't wait till you can bring him home with you and we can all hold and love him too.

love,
rebekah