We invite you to join us as we travel on our adoption journey to Guatemala and back. We don't know where the road may twist and turn but we look forward to getting to our final destination...... HOME with Hudson!

Sunday, August 19, 2007

And a few more...

We had a great day today! Just finished dinner with 2 couples we met down here. They are both around our age and we all have boys! I am just LOVING the time here. So glad we have a few more days. This is definately the honeymoon stage. We saunter around here. No one is in a hurry...except the crazy drivers on the road that is. And stay away from the buses! They just roll to a stop in the middle of the street. Even before they stop - people are at the door and as soon as the bus stops - they hop off and more get on. It's all very random. The bus was in the middle lane while all this was going on! We were warned by our guide to not ride on the "Chicken Buses" (these are the brightly colored ones who drive throughout the countryside). He said that many times the drivers are drunk while they drive!!! No worries - we have no desire to ride them! :)

I got my sling at a shop in Antigua. Everything there was handmade. We're still trying to figure out how to wear it! Later today, Clint put it on with Hudson while we walked to the Pharmacia. Soon - we realized how counterculteral this was. We got back to the hotel and he said, get this thing off of me. (Only women wear these in Guatemala). I just laughed when I thought about what the people thought when they saw him! :)

This is at our restaurant in Antigua! The food was amazing but the atmosphere was like nothing we've every experienced!! Beautiful...perfect...fresh!l!! Hudson is coming home!!! He will be an official American citizen the moment our plane touches American soil!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE TO ALL!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

HUDSON YOU ARE SO HANDSOME!!! I just loved seeing these pictures! I went through them a couple times...he's such a stud. I loved the one of him asleep on the bed and the one sitting with Clint with his arm up on clint's leg. He's just plain cute, and I can't wait to meet him in person!! Boy is he going to be overwhelmed!!! =) But we all love him (& you 2) SO much!

LOVE-YOUR FAVORITE AUNT,
KRISTY (hehe)

Anonymous said...

Oh Jame, he is so darling! I can't wait to meet him in person! He is forever yours!! Praise the Lord! I can see your vibrant joy in the pictures! I love you!
Love-Jerelyn

Steve & Amy said...

Looks like everytging is going well. We wish you would have posted a picture of Clint wearing the sling:) Hudson is such a beautiful man. Can't wait until he comes home so your family can be together again.

Gail said...

I just love the last picture!! That is one American boy. Can't wait til you are all home.
Gail

Mrs. Hany said...

Oh my, that little one is just SO cute!!! I also love the idea of Clint wearing the sling around, it gave me a good laugh (I'm sure they see enough American couples who do that though). We can't wait to see you on American soil!!! We continue to pray!

Bekah said...

He is so precious!!!!!!! I can't get enough of that sweet smile. I laughed out loud about Clint wearing the sling and then saying to 'get it off of him' when you got back. You guys are hilarious.

JuJu - said...

eating all of these posts up girly!!!!!!!!!

soooo happy you guys never have to be apart again!!!

Julia:)

Anonymous said...

We loved Antiqua too! I'm so glad you got to do some touring. Guatemala is such a beautiful country! We stayed far away from those chicken buses too. :-)
We'll be praying for you as you travel home and adjust to real life again!!
Renee

Mindy said...

Seriously...Hudson gets cuter in every picture! I can hardly stand it anymore! I need to give that boy a hug and squeeze his cheeks!!

Anonymous said...

Clint & Jami -

We've had the flu at our house and finally got the chance to check for updates. I just can't believe how CUTE the little guy is. We all can't wait to meet him in person!! We're lifting you up in prayers! Love you lots!

Hudson's favorite wanna-be auntie,
Lori (we can all dream, right!?)

Natalie said...

Thanks for posting all of the pics, Jami! Looks like you're having a fabulous time! Try the chocolate shake from Champions...like Lou would say...it's DIVINE!