It is amazing to type these words! God has been so faithful and with us EVERY step of the way. I cannot express the amount of gratefulness I feel! Hudson has been perfect! He traveled great and slept the best he has slept all week last night!! We had another adventurous time home and once again left luggage in Atlanta airport. On the way there we had to leave our stroller and on the way home EVERYTHING!! It was either wait for luggage and miss our flight or make our flight with nothing! Of course we chose the latter!
Our first flight left right on time and was smooth. We actually got in a little early. We made some really great people in Guatemala, Josh and Jessica (I love you guys!) and they traded seats with us because they didn't have a connection to make. So we were only about 5 rows from the exit! We got off the plane and started running to immigration. Hudson thought it was a blast! The lines went very fast and we were feeling good! Then it all SLOWED down! We sat about baggage claim for 10 VERY LONG minutes before we decided to ditch our stuff and keep moving! (We found out from the attendant that our luggage would be flown to Bloomington in the morning). Then we ran over to the next claims area to hand off our SEALED package that had all of Hudson's info. in. The officer walked over, took my envelope and said "Take a seat, we'll call you when we're ready." Then he proceeded to walk over to a table holding 4-5 other files, threw it down and WALKED AWAY...no sauntered away is more accurate!!! My stress level was increasing drastically as we had less than an hour to get his approval, through security and to our gate. This officer looked as if he had NO intention of getting to our paperwork. So I became a "squeaky wheel" because as Clint told me "the squeaky wheel gets the grease." I found another officer and told him that we had less than one hour to make our flight and our paperwork was just sitting there. He told me that someone would get to it in a minute.
I couldn't sit, I was pacing like a crazy mama. Finally, he went and grabbed the paperwork and looked through it. He mentioned something about a baby and I started running up to the counter. "Not you, Maam. I'm just talking to someone else." About this time I started crying. Soon he finished and called us up. He welcomed Hudson as a U.S. Citizen!! No time to celebrate then though - off we ran through security and onto our gate which we made with about 20 minutes to spare!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhh, what relief! Then our plane landed actually early and we had a bunch of family and great friends awaiting...most importantly were our girls who greated us with as much excitement and joy I could have hoped for! What a reunion!
We got our luggage back tonight so all worked out great! Praise be to God! He has brought us through the storm and we are home at last!
I love you all and thank you for everything!
Now for some pictures. I have been given a few from the night at the aiport. And I've put a few in of our kids...ALL TOGETHER!!!!!
I couldn't sit, I was pacing like a crazy mama. Finally, he went and grabbed the paperwork and looked through it. He mentioned something about a baby and I started running up to the counter. "Not you, Maam. I'm just talking to someone else." About this time I started crying. Soon he finished and called us up. He welcomed Hudson as a U.S. Citizen!! No time to celebrate then though - off we ran through security and onto our gate which we made with about 20 minutes to spare!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhh, what relief! Then our plane landed actually early and we had a bunch of family and great friends awaiting...most importantly were our girls who greated us with as much excitement and joy I could have hoped for! What a reunion!
We got our luggage back tonight so all worked out great! Praise be to God! He has brought us through the storm and we are home at last!
I love you all and thank you for everything!
Now for some pictures. I have been given a few from the night at the aiport. And I've put a few in of our kids...ALL TOGETHER!!!!!
Leaving Guatemala!
Awaiting our arrival!
I love my girls!
Our first meeting!! Oh joy! :)
Our first family photo!!!!!!!!!!
Our first night together!


18 comments:
Ohhhh....you have me in tears! Your family is just beautiful TOGETHER!! I am so thrilled for you and thankful that God has brought that boy home!!! Praise the Lord!!!
WELCOME HOME HUDSON!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy your family is now complete! Thank you God for all you have done and for bringing this sweet family together at last!
So happy!
Stacie
Welcome Home! It is so good to see all of you together! Your family is now complete.
Love ya,
Amanda
What a wonderful homecoming. I'll bet it was the best to be with your girls again.
Welcome to the U.S.A. Hudson!!!
Gail
I am so happy you made it home safely and on time (even if you had to leave the luggage). It is so great to see pictures of your whole family together! God is so good!
yeah, I am just sitting here crying. happy, happy tears for your family. and tears of hope that someday soon that will be us. welcome home, sweet Hudson. it is so fun to see your three kiddos together. what a blessing, what a joy, what a miracle they all are.
i can't wait to meet him next weekend! wow, praise God..He is good. love you.
leah
WELCOME HOME!! A post LONG overdue!! We are so happy for you right now and are crying tears of joy.Praise the Lord for bringing Hudson home. Your family is now together and you can begin the next chapter of your lives as a family of FIVE!
Congrats....so glad you are ALL home now! What a cute family you are. May God continue to bless each one of you.
a pricelss post tht made me cry!
Praise God!!! Welcome Home Mr. Hudson!!! He is a doll and it is so AWESOME to see your family all together!!! Congratulations to all of you!!!! What a lucky family!!!
What a beautiful family! So glad you're home at last.
Wow!! What a journey you have had!! We are thrilled
for you and your 3 children. Enjoy each moment,
and remember what a blessing you have been given.
Wish we could see you, we miss you!
Greg & Denise
Welcome Home Hudson!!!! How exciting that you are finally all togehter. Enjoy every minute together!
Sharon
Hey guys! It's Kristin Waddy. I met you while visiting my sweet Reagan in Guatemala.
I googled your name to find your blog. Soooo excited you guys are finally home. Congratulations!!!
You've done an awesome job on the blog!
Oh my goodness, Jami!!! This is so wonderful seeing your family together at last. It looks like the kids are getting along perfectly. And they are all so darn cute! Congratulations on being HOME!!!!!
WELCOME HOME!!!! It is so good to see you all on American soil!!! Cannot wait to see more pics of everyday life at home!
Many, many rich blessings on a smooth transition!
We love you!
Kristin
Jami!! We miss you guys SO MUCH!!!
I'm excited to see your pictures! Your time together looks amazing! I am so glad!
-Jess
Post a Comment