We invite you to join us as we travel on our adoption journey to Guatemala and back. We don't know where the road may twist and turn but we look forward to getting to our final destination...... HOME with Hudson!

Saturday, August 11, 2007

okay...I'm a little nervous

I was just reading through paperwork from our agency - a little late - because they recommended having a 2 hour layover at the least. So now I've been freaking out a bit because we only have a 1.25 hour layover on our flight home!!!!!! I called the airline to find out if we could get better seats so we can get out quickly and I made friends with the sweetest customer service lady ever! She told me that our layover was "valid" meaning the airline feels confident that you can make the connecting flight. Also she told me that they reserve the seats (right behind first class) for people with babies and those in wheelchairs etc. So we're going to try to get to the airport in plenty of time and request THOSE SEATS!! She also told me that Atlanta's customs seemed to go pretty quickly and we're not traveling over the weekend which is good too. Also the attendants at the gate of our connecting flight often hold the gate for those coming from international flights.

She was very happy for us and wished us the best! I wanted to give her a hug!! :) Still - if we have weather problems or our first flight is delayed, we could miss our connection (right Megan)! I know that regardless we will have our baby which is ALL that matters but I have been dreaming about the reunion at the airport with family and friends for 10 months now!!! Please pray that all goes smoothly and that I can keep my focus on the important thing...the fact that WE ARE COMING HOME WITH HUDSON!!!!

My baby is 10 months old today, by the way!! I was dreading the day he turned double digits but now that we will be there in 5 DAYS, it's all good! :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! We are SO excited for you guys! We will definitely be there to meet you at the airport! Can't wait to meet little Hudson!

LouLou said...

Jami,
You are going to have to book it that's for sure.....It took us almost every bit of our 2.5 hour layover....As soon as you get to immigration TELL them the time of your next flight.....It doesn't take too much time there, it just depends on how many families are waiting.... I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Love you and so excited!

Mindy said...

We will be praying for you and anxiously awaiting the reunion at the airport!

Katie said...

You'll get through it, and even if you are stuck in somewhere, just look at that Baby!!!!!!!!! See ya at the airport, I am so excitied to Hudson.

JuJu - said...

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
excited that the time is coming that your precious baby boy will be home for GGOOOOOOOOOOODD!!!

Praying all goes well during ALL of your traveling and that the sweetest memories are made with your sweet baby boy in GC:)

JUlia:)

JuJu - said...

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
excited that the time is coming that your precious baby boy will be home for GGOOOOOOOOOOODD!!!

Praying all goes well during ALL of your traveling and that the sweetest memories are made with your sweet baby boy in GC:)

JUlia:)

JuJu - said...

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
excited that the time is coming that your precious baby boy will be home for GGOOOOOOOOOOODD!!!

Praying all goes well during ALL of your traveling and that the sweetest memories are made with your sweet baby boy in GC:)

JUlia:)

Megan said...

I will be praying for you to make that flight ;) We had 3 hours and did not make it...ask at the beginning and tell them your tight connection like Lou said! It will all be worth it, even if you spend the night in Atlanta because you will have that little love to snuggle on ;) Can't wait to see pictures of him in your arms!!

Amy said...

Praying that you have a wonderful trip to Guatemala and perfect timing for your flights.