We invite you to join us as we travel on our adoption journey to Guatemala and back. We don't know where the road may twist and turn but we look forward to getting to our final destination...... HOME with Hudson!

Monday, August 6, 2007

My dad is the president of a ministry called Life International. L.I. provides care for orphan children in Ukraine, Zambia, and India. They also provide matching grants for Christian families who are adopting in order to help with the overwhelming cost of adoption (that we are all very familiar with).

Check Life International out at www.lifeinternational.org

VIDEO:

This is the first home built for kids graduating from Loubetin. Instead of moving into state run dorms, graduates have the opportunity to move into this transition home. Here they are given a safe, clean place to live. More importantly, the home allows them to become more grounded in the truths of Scripture.

Life International is currently in the process of building a second home where the graduates will move into from the first home. Here they will have less supervision and more responsibilities. The goal of the entire project is to transition the kids from the orphanage into society. (thanks to clint and alesa for this text) :)

4 comments:

Gail said...

What a wonderful thing LI is doing!! The best part is that they teach the young people about Christ!!
Gail

Anonymous said...

I think I saw this video a long time ago, but I am touched again. God is AWESOME! He gives hope to all who seek Him! I love Dema's story! I think it touches me more this time, because we just returned from Ukraine and those are REAL, LIVE kids, I recognize many of them...to think how God is using His body to bring these orphans to Himself, what a priveledge it is to be part of that. Thanks for sharing, Jami.

Anonymous said...

What a great video- and a truly wonderful ministry and mission that LI is committed to! Dema's testimony gives glory to the Lord and it was a joy to hear him tell it!

Rebekah said...

thanks for sharing Jami...I can't help but be a little proud that my sis did such a great job on the video editing ;)

love,
bek