We invite you to join us as we travel on our adoption journey to Guatemala and back. We don't know where the road may twist and turn but we look forward to getting to our final destination...... HOME with Hudson!

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

UNexpected blessings!!

PICTURES!!!

I just got them yesterday and didn't get a chance to post until now!! Just one month has gone by and he looks SO grown up. My boy has 2 front teeth!!!! Oh, how I love him!!! He looks so sleepy and cute. I LONG to hold him again!





I just can't get over how adorable he is!!!!!

Also - I got an email from my rep. in Guatemala who said "The attorney was unable to get passport due to a scheduling conflict to get the passports until Monday instead of Thursday. The file was to be submitted in US Embassy on 07/31. I will keep you posted!" Soooo, I'm hoping this means the passport is done and we are in! Nothing was guaranteed in this email so we'll see! Please pray that this is the case!!!
Then, I got another email from my rep. here in the states.
"There are rumors going around that as of August 1, 2007 a second DNA test will be required in order for the US Embassy in Guatemala to issue visas. We have confirmed that this is true, but the timeframe is not. According to the US Embassy and the State Department the timeframe and the process for the second DNA will be announced soon. They hope to have a new system implemented by mid-August. This new process will incur a cost for the second DNA and families will be financially responsible for this cost. We will provide all details once we have all information confirmed. As of now the DNA will be done on the child only."
So, I'm hoping this does not affect us. Please pray that this doesn't cause us any more delays!!!!
Then I got a love letter from the Lord - Ps. 145:14, 17-19 "The Lord is faithful to all his promises and loving toward all he has made. The Lord upholds all those who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down. The Lord is righteous in all his ways and loving toward all he has made. The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He FULFILLS the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them!" Thank You, Sweet Jesus!

10 comments:

jajbs said...

Oh, Jami, he is absolutely, perfectly handsome!!! I have been thinking about you and praying for you. Your time is coming soon!!!

I pray that the mid- August deadline is correct and that all of us waiting for submission make it!

Call me soon! We need to talk.


love ya,
Amanda

Whitney said...

Not a big fan of this rumor! Praying you get through without this needless glitch!

Bekah said...

He is SO HANDSOME! Such a little cutie! Can't wait to see you Sunday.

Karen D. said...

Such a handsome boy and he is getting so big! I am praying that you are in and that you get some good news!!

Hugs!
Karen

Kristin said...

Cute, cute, cute!!!! He's adorable!

Thank you for the verse....

Love you!!!
Kristin

Amber said...

Reading your post I thought of the sunday school song Brooke just wrote about . . ."My God is so GREAT, so STRONG, and SO MIGHTY, there's NOTHING my God cannot do!"

Katie said...

He is too cute!!!11

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jami, he is truly worth the wait! He is dressed so cute! It sure looks like he is getting excellent care, but I know that is not the same as having him in your arms. We will pray that your final paperwork is thru and you get the "come and get him call!"

Gail said...

The Lord's letters are always the best, huh? I love the new pictures. I think it is the jacket that makes him look so much older. I will be praying for you.
Gail

Anonymous said...

Jami,

I'm praying that you will be leaving SOON to pick that precious boy up! He does look older- longer & leaner too- and still SO handsome!

:-)
Lisa