We invite you to join us as we travel on our adoption journey to Guatemala and back. We don't know where the road may twist and turn but we look forward to getting to our final destination...... HOME with Hudson!

Friday, July 6, 2007

do you want details??

Here's the scoop!

Yesterday I just told some of my friends that "I wander if it will ever happen." I knew it would but it seemed like we were so close yet so far away...I know many of you can relate. Anyway, I layed down to take a nap later in the afternoon and the phone rang. I'm sure the thought crossed my mind because it had been for weeks now...everytime the phone rang - I thought it was my agency. The conversation went something like this:

"Hello."
"Hi Jami, this is Denise from Building Blocks." (at this point, I don't think it even registered with me what was happening. I was expecting to hear from Kelly and so a little fear of what if this is bad news crossed my mind...)
"Hi..."
"Well, I wanted to let you know that I just got your PGN approval...."
My hand went to my face and I started screaming..."WHAT?? ARE YOU SERIOUS? ARE YOU SERIOUS???"

Indeed she was...she told me a little of what to expect next and wished me a good day! GOOD DAY??!!! She totally MADE my day! At this point, I was shaking, my heart was pounding, and I probably rambled off some things that I can't remember.

I hung up the phone and immediately started weeping...sobbing actually...and said "thank you Jesus, thank you Jesus" over and over. I could cry right now. Then I called Clint and others and continued crying for about a half an hour. It is absolutely amazing and such a relief. A few people have asked me if I slept great last night. Actually....NO! I COULD NOT fall asleep. I am exhausted right now but everytime I lay down, I think of my baby and how it will be to actually be with him. I couldn't nap today and I need to. I didn't fall asleep until after 1:30 last night and woke up around 6:30 (thanks to my girlies). I need sleep but the adrenline rush is still on...the carmel frappachino I had last night didn't help either! :)

So I thought I'd come down and post! As much joy as I feel now...I know the pain of waiting and I want all my dear friends who are still wandering if it will EVER happen to know that I am praying for you. I love you all and know that God is faithful! I can't wait to read your OUT posts! It will be soon....by the way Barrios did not sign mine...it was someone else from PGN... Hmmmm, interesting isn't it? Maybe things will finally start to pick up. I found out yesterday that our case was actually approved on May 15th!!! 4 days after it was resubmitted for the 2nd time - then it went to Barrios's desk and SAT for almost 8 full weeks!!!!!!! I'm glad I didn't know that then. But I'm trusting that God knows the BIG picture.

I opened to this yesterday while doing my devotions after hearing my good news. I thought it was quite fitting:

Isaiah 60:20

"The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me....to comfort all who mourn, to give them...the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness. That they may be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that HE MAY BE GLORIFIED!"

This is my prayer...Father BE GLORIFIED throughout this...I Praise You and I LOVE YOU! Thank You JESUS!

12 comments:

Gail said...

I think God has been so awesome through all of this.
Gail

Stacie said...

That is SO AWESEOME! I just love reading "OUT" stories! Even though we are not in PGN yet, I feel it creeping around the corner. I'm ready for the FIGHT!

Have a GREAT weekend!
Stacie

LouLou said...

Thank you Jesus! Jami, I am so thrilled for you guys! I can't wait to see pics of you with Hudson again.....Call me and let me know what's going on..
love you!

jajbs said...

YOu are so precious and have the sweetest spirit! I am so happy for you and cannot wait to see that little cutie in your arms!!

love ya,
Amanda

Emily said...

I always love to read the stories of what people were doing when they got "the call". It is so encouraging to see people get out of PGN and start making plans to bring their babies home. It makes it seem possible that our turn will come!

Steve & Amy said...

What a day you had!!! God is so good! We pray that you can soon get some sleep! We also pray that your little guy will be PINK soon! Love you and sending lots or prayers & sweet dreams your way:)

Taylor said...

Wow Jami! I can't believe you were approved back in May but sat for 8 weeks on a desk. Can you imagine if you had known that??? Anyway, what hope it must give everyone else that is going through this process that perhaps some internal changes have been made for the good. It is really amazing! I can't wait to hear more!

Karen D. said...

Awesome story! I pray that you will get a speedy Pink!!!

Hugs!
Karen

Bekah said...

If I am this emotional about Hudson getting out of PGN, I am going to be an emotional wreck when it's Eloisa. Thank you, Jesus for sweet Hudson's life and all the huge plans that you have for him. May he be a man after your own heart.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing Jami! I am just so happy for you! This is amazing! I can't imagine how surreal life is feeling for you right now! The power of God is awesome!! We love you and can't wait to meet Hudson and give him hugs and kisses!!!

Mindy :)

Kristin said...

Jami!!!

We are so, so happy for you guys, and know that His timing is perfect. I pray that the next few weeks FLY by, and that everything you want to be accomplished before baby #3 comes will be finished!!

Love you so much!!
Kristin

Andrea said...

Pray, pray, praying for you as well!!!!

GOD BLESS!!