Yesterday was a rough day - well after noon (the morning was fun!) I was so nervous for my update and then when I got it - I just focused on the fact that we were NOT in the Embassy rather than the fact that we have his birth certificate! Thank you, Lord!!!! He has our last name now and we are listed as his parents!! It's SO official!!!
I called my Mom after reading the update and started crying to her. (These last few days have
really gotten harder). After I hung up, I sobbed. Then I just felt down most of the evening...crying at most anything! I'm not sure why it's hit me so hard. I think that now that we are SO close - I've kind of have let my guard down. I've allowed myself to dream about him more. Allowed myself to buy clothes for him and finish his room. I am nesting - getting my home organized and cleaned and yet we still WAIT!!
I ache for Hudson - it's easy to cry when I talk about him. I miss him so much and I feel like even one more week of waiting will do me in!! I know God is here and will give me the grace. I know that I have SO much to be thankful for...WE ARE ALMOST DONE...but I still WAIT!
Today I read in Hosea chapt. 11. Vs. 3 just struck me. It's talking about God's love for Israel. "...I lifted the yoke from their neck and bent down to feed them." In a way, I feel like I have this burden on my neck - waiting- it's heavy and it's hard to carry but Christ loves me so much and is kneeling down to relieve me of it and "feed" me. He continues to nourish me with His Word and His love! I am blessed. I will get through this and I pray GOD will be GLORIFIED mightily!! I love you! Thanks for your prayers. Please keep them coming!!
We invite you to join us as we travel on our adoption journey to Guatemala and back. We don't know where the road may twist and turn but we look forward to getting to our final destination...... HOME with Hudson!
Saturday, July 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
I look at that 3rd pic of Hudson (b/c its my favorite) on the left side of your blog and then I think of Ethan and how I feel just being away from him for a day! I cry with you b/c you miss him and long to hold and kiss him. I cant really imagine that I would feel any different from you if Ethan were thousands of miles away and I didnt know when I would get to snuggle with him. It rips your heart apart. We are right there with you Jami...we feel your longing and pray so much that it is fulfilled very soon. much love to you!
If you are ever like that again and don't call me I am coming up there to kick your fanny! I KNOW how hard it is waiting at the end...you have been so good and patient. Hudson K! How awesome is that?????? Please call me when you are down. I LOVE YOU!
I'm sorry Jami! I don't know what to say except that he really will be home soon! All the pain and burden from waiting will be lifted and he'll be in your arms. Praying for you.
Praying for you Jami.
With love,
Sara S.
Jami,
you are brave to be so open and your blog readers appreciate it. I am sorry that your heart aches, and just know that your family is always prayed for. Soon you will be in GC holding Hudson and you will NEVER have to give him back, what an amazing end to this journey!!! We love you!
I ache for you because I am aching too......I want to hold my son again. Sometimes i push all of it away and try to forget about him but he is coming through today. So I do know the feeling.
Hang on sista your time is a coming!
I hope you have let God carry that yoke for you. I will say a prayer for you that you will have Hudson home very soon.
Gail
Jami,
I can totally understand what you are saying (again!). I thought that the PGN in wait was tough. This post PGN wait is even tougher-knowing how close we are to bringing our precious children home...
I am praying for you!
Love and prayers,
Karen
I know that this wait is the most brutal and trying thing yet! God does hear your prayers and WILL answer them!!! Hudson will come home! We pray that you get to the embassy & Hudson gets PINK this week! Please know that we are here if you need anything! We know how emotionally taxing this last wait is!
Boy, could I have written that post! The wait for PINK has been MUCH harder than the wait through PGN. We're SO close, and yet, seems SO far away. Just keep praying-we'll all pray together that our sweet babies will be home SOON!!!
Post a Comment