We invite you to join us as we travel on our adoption journey to Guatemala and back. We don't know where the road may twist and turn but we look forward to getting to our final destination...... HOME with Hudson!

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

6 months old!



Today Hudson is 6 months old...I can't quite believe it! 6 months sounds a lot older to me than 5. I am thankful that we seem to be moving along...we made it into PGN. Last night I was just thinking that I had really hoped and prayed that we would be in PGN by March. I thought "oh well at least we made it in at the beginning of April." Then it hit me. Yes I found out we were in in April but really we were submitted in on the last business day of MARCH!!! Isn't that cool?!


I was encouraged; it's just a simple thing but it was like the Lord reminding me...see I'm here...I'm taking care of everything.... He is here! I feel His strength but I am so tempted to worry and think of all the "what if's." I know I've talked about this before but it's just a constant struggle...to give up my worries to Him....to trust Him!


Amanda, you had a great blog today. Total Surrender...it's what we must all do. It seems easy (in theory) don't worry just give it all to God, He is in Control but to actually apply it is tough. Why? Because we're human. We want control. We want to prepare ourselves. We want to know what is going on. And we feel the pain of missing our babies (or whatever you are going through) It is freeing though to just let go...and Give ALL to God!!!


Thank You Lord that I can trust You to take the reins...to Handle it All! We serve a Mighty God!


Prayer Requests:

*that we fly through PGN in record time

*that we will grow closer to Christ during this time of waiting

*that Christ will be ever Glorified through us during this process...and always!

*that we will be prepared for whatever may come

*for Hudson - health, safety, and joy

*for Felipa (foster mom) - for grace and wisdom as she cares for Hudson

*for his birthmother - for peace in her decision and continued support from her to complete this adoption


Wow! that's a lot! :) I love you all!!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Happy 6 months Baby Hudons, We love you.

Natalie said...

Happy 6 months Hudson!

Jami, thank you so much for the phone call. That really meant a lot to me.

I will continue praying for you guys!

Unknown said...

Happy 6 Months Hudson!

I continue to pray that we all get through PGN with minimal turbulance!

Donna

Courtney said...

Jami, I have been reading your blog for the past few weeks. We are adopting from Guatemala and are just completing our Dossier, we have a long way to go. I cried watching your video's.. Hudson is such a cute baby. Good luck to you.