We invite you to join us as we travel on our adoption journey to Guatemala and back. We don't know where the road may twist and turn but we look forward to getting to our final destination...... HOME with Hudson!

Monday, June 4, 2007

Hope in God

This is an extremely busy week so I should not be posting....but I am!

I have gone through so many ups and downs throughout this process. The other day, I lost it!! I was thinking about my INS fingerprints. I knew they had an expiration date and when I checked it, I thought I had met the deadline. My head started swimming...I was immediately down, stressed and overwhelmed. I immediated thought the worst...

I reacted rather than being proactice. The funny thing is, I'm speaking at Jr. High Girl's Camp this weekend and that was one of my challenges to the girls - "Be proactice...not reactive!" In fact, this is something I say a lot and believe! I'm all about being proactive but I did not take my own advice! Clint actually quoted me to myself. Somehow, it's so easy to say but difficult to do. So I had a really "good" cry...(leaving black mascara marks all over my white pillow case). Then I got up and emailed my agency.

Turns out - I had looked at the wrong paper and I my fingerprints do NOT expire until September. Needless to say, I need to take my own advice! :)

We are now 3 weeks and 1 day back in PGN!! Thank you for praying with us that we will get OUT!!!!

So when we feel down - like we can't take it anymore...hope!

"Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me?
HOPE in God, for I shall yet praise Him for the help of His countenance... The Lord will command His lovingkindness in the daytime and in the night His song shall be with me - A prayer to the God of my life! I will say to God my Rock, "Why have You forgotten me? Why do I go mourning... HOPE IN GOD!" Ps. 42:5, 8-9

7 comments:

Karen D. said...

Jami,
I just talked with my advocate a little while ago on the phone. I was telling her that the only thing that I have right now and that the only thing that I cling to, is my hope and faith in God. That is truly all that we have to get through this process! Thanks for a wonderful post!

I am praying for you!
Karen

Katie said...

Jami-
Don't let Satan get you down. We are going to get you through this. katie

LouLou said...

Jami,
I watched our precious babies on video last night and said a prayer for Hudson right then. The end is coming, Jami! I just know it!!!

I love you!

jajbs said...

Jami,
Hope seems to be the thing He is speaking to all of us in the waiting period right now! We WILL make it through this and bring our babies home. How do I know this? Because our God is faithful! Hang in there. I am praying for you. Call me if you need to talk.

Love ya!
Amanda

Anonymous said...

Jami-

I love you and I'm praying for you! I do not forget you or Hudson!

Mindy :)

JuJu - said...

hang in there and know you have lots of folks praying your baby home - every day!!

JUlia:)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing, Jam...I can only imagine how panicked you must have felt. We love you and are praying for little Hudson and for his papers to keep moving along in PGN!!
Love you - Lori