We invite you to join us as we travel on our adoption journey to Guatemala and back. We don't know where the road may twist and turn but we look forward to getting to our final destination...... HOME with Hudson!

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

What happens after the OUT...

I emailed my agency to find out what are the exact steps that need to occur before we can go pick my little man up. Here is her reply:

"Once your file is approved in PGN the following will occur

Release of PGN Resolution
BM [birth mom] signs Final Adoption Deed
Request New Birth Certificate
Request Passport after release of new BC
Translate all documents created in Guatemala from Spanish to English
Submit into American Embassy for review and then release of Pink Slip – takes 4 business days


The standard turn around for travel once approved in PGN is 4-6 weeks."

Some people I've talked to assumed that once we get the OUT we will be picking him up immediately. I wish this were the case but we'll still have to wait a bit more. Once we're OUT, he is legally ours - I got a little nervous when I saw that the BM signs off AFTER the out, but Kelly assured me that he is legally ours at this point. Until we get OUT, his birthmom can still legally take him back. Obviously this would be VERY rare and I'm not expecting it, but that thought still lingers in the back of my mind.

I've really been praying for his birthmom and foster mom during this time. I can't imagine the feeling of letting go for good. He has not been with his birthmom at all besides DNA testing and maybe once more. I can't imagine the pain of signing off for the final time. And for his foster mama who has devoted herself to him and loved him for 8+ months - saying goodbye will be difficult. Please pray for these 2 amazing women! I am grateful for them...I can't express how much!

I've been checking my email constantly...waiting for those pictures of my son! Come on pictures!!!! :)

Thanks for your continued support. I'm feeling very hopeful that we will be out soon... We're going on 7 weeks back in PGN! Lord, please get us out!

I also wanted to give a shout out to Whitney www.waiting4number4.blogspot.com - we found out we lived very close and met at McDonald's the other day! It was great to be with you, girl! :) Your kids are adorable!! Can't wait for the next time! :)

7 comments:

jajbs said...

I CANNOT wait to see the pics! I have been thinking about Bella's birthmom alot lately, too. They are truly showing the highest form of love.


Amanda

Steve & Amy said...

Jami,
Praying that your OUT comes this week! Also praying for a speedy PINK! We also have been thinking and praying alot about Mia's FM & birthmom. Both of these women are gifts from God and we praise him for this! The are such selfless women and the love they have for our daughter can't be described! Can't wait to see the new pics:)

JuJu - said...

HEY - can you please email me your address - Abby-Grace wants to send you something:)

Julia:)
McKenzieplumber1@aol.com

Megan said...

I am a new "lurker" to your blog! Praying for your OUT!! Hudson is adotable! We are also adopting our son from Guatemala...I saw the picture of you and your husband by the "bean" in Chicago and we are from Chicago too! Speedy Out to you!!

Whitney said...

Blog stalking at its finest: I was in the car talking to my sister and had her check to see if you got the OUT today! It seems He is moving PGN mountains in Guat, and know that He will do the same for you guys!

PS Thanks for the shout out!

Mrs. Hany said...

Jami, there is lots of movement in GC, Hudson out is coming so soon, I just know it!!! We continue to pray for out this week!

jajbs said...

I am lurking for pics of that cute face!!!!!


Amanda