We invite you to join us as we travel on our adoption journey to Guatemala and back. We don't know where the road may twist and turn but we look forward to getting to our final destination...... HOME with Hudson!

Friday, June 22, 2007

the storm

Update: We are STILL IN!!!! 6 weeks, baby! You guys, we have to be so close, right?! I'm praising the Lord for no KO's!! Today, I saw the update and couldn't breath until I opened it up and read "Still in PGN." Then I took a big breath of relief - reached my hands toward the heavens and said "thank you Jesus...thank you Jesus....thank you Jesus!" My heart is happy! I'm waiting on my OUT! Could still be today!! Keep praying, my friends!! :)

Last night we had a thunderstorm. It's been awhile since we have had one and there was a lot of thunder, lightening and rain! I'm not a big fan of storms - so when the morning came and the storm was over, I told Clint "We made it through the storm." Immediately, I thought of our adoption process. Lord, please make this true today. Get us OUT of this storm. OUT of PGN and home with Hudson! I am tired of this storm.... but yet I am growing and I SO want to Glorify Christ through it!

Today - we are supposed to get our pictures and our update (whether or not we're still in). Every Friday brings some stress knowing this is the day I find out if we are KO'd or not. I am hopeful that we will be OUT soon...so many people are but yet I don't want to expect that fully because you never know. I feel that a KO would do me in, but God is here now and will be with me always.

Please pray for my dear Guatemama friends who are waiting...
Amanda, Kristen, Karen D., Staci...these women have been in for so long. Free them of the PGN prison, Lord!!

God is faithful. I love him more than I can explain!! I trust Him with ALL my heart. He is with me and will continue to sustain me. Praise HIM!!

On another note - we did get our "child info" update. Hudson's appt. must have been 1 month ago because as of 5/22 he was a whopping 20 lbs!! That's my boy! :) He is now sitting unassisted but is not crawling...yeah! He get's up ~6am (oooooh boy!) and goes to bed around 9pm. Wakes up in the middle of the night at 4am. Takes two naps around 10 and 2 and is healthy right now! He was 75 cms as of 5/22 also!

I hope that I will get his pictures soon. I emailed my agency yesterday and Kelly said she was doing her best to get all pictures out by the end of the day so I am "planning" on getting them today!! I'll post as soon as I can! Bekah - do you have yours yet???

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Jami~ Just been thinking of you guys this morning...I'm so anxious to hear your update! I can't imagine your anxiety level each friday :) I was a little scared when I saw your title, the storm - I thought you heard & were KO'd again :( Thankful that wasn't the case. We can't wait to hold little Hudson...Kelsey keeps asking - when's baby Hudson coming home?!? And the other day when I pulled up this site & Hudson's picture came up Abbi got so excited and said 'Baby! Baby!' I think she's starting to recognize him! We love you guys so much!

Hudson~ we all love you sooooo much!! We're Praying you home into your Mommy & Daddy's arms!! Your cousin's Kelsey, Josiah & Abbi can't wait to meet you & play with you!! Love, Uncle Chad, Aunt Kristy, Kelsey, Josiah & Abbi Grace

LouLou said...

Jami,
I pray that the update today says that sweet Hudson is OUT and coming home!!!! This adoption process does feel like a storm, and it won't be over until we're all home. I will be blog stalking to check for new pics and update!

Love you!!

Bekah said...

No pictures yet, Jami! I am anxiously waiting and checking my email every half hour (okay maybe every 15 minutes. :) ) love you.

Steve & Amy said...

Jami,
I am praying so hard that you get your OUT soon!! Both you & Hudson need to leave the black hole of PGN! Can't wait to see the new pics when you get them! Love ya!

Emily said...

That is great news! I will be praying for an out for you very soon!

Gail said...

Our God is good!! Thank you Lord for no KO. Please get Hudson out of PGN soon.
Gail

Mindy said...

Congrats!! I'm so thankful you are still IN! God hears the prayers of His children!

Whitney said...

Still In is no OUT, but praise God for no KO! It seems so close for you, so I will admit to blog stalking you as well, cause it just has to come!

LouLou said...

WHOOO HOOOO! He is gonna be OUT any day now!!!! I can't wait!!!
i love you!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that you are still "IN!!!" What a relief!

Andrea said...

Jami-I think I get as excited about the Friday update as you do! :) Every week brings you another week closer to Hudson. I pray that you get through with no previos! God IS so faithful and he will reward you! We need to get that cute little man home!!

Rose said...

Jami
Glad No KO's! thats a good sign! he might be sitting on Barrios desk just for a sign off! YAY! hey I need your email address so you can get access to my blog send it to me if you still want to look :) Thebadens@yahoo.com

Karen D. said...

Thanks for remembering Abbie and me again!!!! I am praying for you guys as well! We are both going to get our OUT soon! I can just feel it! I can't wait to see Hudson's new pics! I am waiting for some of Abbie too, but since both advocates for Guatemala with my agency were out this week, no such luck!

Love and prayers,
Karen

Natalie said...

Oh my heavens, Jami, it's coming! You're going to be getting that call soon...I can feel it! Things are really starting to move along in PGN right now...you're getting there!!! I'll continue to pray for you! Love ya!