Okay - last night I couldn't sleep. I kept thinking about our upcoming trip to see Hudson. I really can't believe it! Yesterday I went out and got him some clothes and today bought diapers and wipes. I'm thinking I can pack his suitcase anytime now!
One thing concerns me: how do I possibly prepare for March 11th (the day we have to say goodbye)? I'm very thankful to have Paige and Raegan to come home to because I'm sure we'll be missing them. Is there really any way to prepare? I'm trusting that God will give us the strength - any advice? Any Guatemama's out there who've been through this? I just keep thinking about the time we'll get with him. Another exciting thing will be to show family and friends the video footage and pictures we take of him on the trip. I just need to keep thinking of the positives! Lord, give me the grace. Right now I just feel so EXCITED!!!
We fly in at 2:30pm and will meet our son at 4:00pm!!! Please pray that our flights are on time...we have one connecting flight on the way over. We leave at 6am out of O'Hare on March 7th. We'd appreciate your prayers for safety and smooth travel. We are also still praying that we will be in PGN by March 7th. It doesn't look real likely but if God wills it, it will be! I know He has a plan. I continuously have to give my worries to Him. Over and over I have to redirect my thoughts, Lord You are in Control. Please take away my fear. Help me to trust. Please work...
"Do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself..." Matthew 6:34
One thing concerns me: how do I possibly prepare for March 11th (the day we have to say goodbye)? I'm very thankful to have Paige and Raegan to come home to because I'm sure we'll be missing them. Is there really any way to prepare? I'm trusting that God will give us the strength - any advice? Any Guatemama's out there who've been through this? I just keep thinking about the time we'll get with him. Another exciting thing will be to show family and friends the video footage and pictures we take of him on the trip. I just need to keep thinking of the positives! Lord, give me the grace. Right now I just feel so EXCITED!!!
We fly in at 2:30pm and will meet our son at 4:00pm!!! Please pray that our flights are on time...we have one connecting flight on the way over. We leave at 6am out of O'Hare on March 7th. We'd appreciate your prayers for safety and smooth travel. We are also still praying that we will be in PGN by March 7th. It doesn't look real likely but if God wills it, it will be! I know He has a plan. I continuously have to give my worries to Him. Over and over I have to redirect my thoughts, Lord You are in Control. Please take away my fear. Help me to trust. Please work...
"Do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself..." Matthew 6:34


4 comments:
Jami,
We too are so excited for you to have your little guy in your arms. Having never been there I can't give any profound advice based on experience. But what I do know is that the same God is who has walked you through thus far . . .is going with you . . .and will besides you once back home as well. We'll be praying He holds you the entire way.
we love you,
amber
We will be praying!
That Stud Muffin shirt is awesome!! I love it!
oops, sorry, that comment was from Mindy :)
Jami, This makes me think of Kels...it was so hard to leave her each night, her 1st 2 months. And it was VERY hard coming down for the weekend of her baby shower/your wedding. It felt like we were 20 hours away from her, rather than 2! So I can somewhat relate...of course I kept telling myself "she's in such good care - I would be a nervous wreck if we had to care for her so small!" So that helped...wanting it to be 'safe' for her to come home. Now as I look back, those 2 mo FLEW, & I can hardly remember them- and now she's almost through 1st grade! So I'll pray for that same peace...that you know he is SAFE, and will be home with you in God's time!! (and I'm praying it goes fast for you!) We love you!
Post a Comment