We invite you to join us as we travel on our adoption journey to Guatemala and back. We don't know where the road may twist and turn but we look forward to getting to our final destination...... HOME with Hudson!

Monday, March 12, 2007

We're Home!

Our last family photo taken about 15-20 minutes before we said Goodbye to our sweet son. I just love how he is leaning into his daddy. We love you Hudson!!


He just loves being a "nekid kid" as Paige says! :)




Right after your bath...He loved his bath, just sat quietly and enjoyed the nice warm water!




We set up our camera in our room to get our family picture. Then Clint started "ooh ooh ahh ahh" to get Hudson to laugh and then right before it took, he ran back to us. Hudson just laughed and laughed...even after the picture was taken. He loves his Daddy!!


We made it home safely...got in around 5 a.m. today, slept until 11 and then got our girls! We were all so happy to see each other...we all just laughed and laughed as they clobbered us in hugs! That was fun! We are so happy to be home but feel a part of our hearts still in Guatemala... Thank you so much for the prayers...saying Goodbye was okay. I cried some but did not sob like I thought I might. I could feel your prayers. Please keep them coming. After we gave Hudson back we walked around the block outside...it was our first time out of hotel since we got there. A young boy about 18 months and his family was walking in front of us. From behind he looked just like an older Hudson...I missed him. At the airport, I heard babies crying and I thought, oh I want to hold my boy...I loved comforting him. We went through American customs and the man said "welcome home." I am so glad to be home, but I feel kind of sad too. I LOVED Guatemala...the people were so nice...and being with Hudson was priceless. I miss him, but I am trusting that we will soon be back to bring him home. When Felipa came to pick him up, she was so excited to see him. I am so thankful that she loves him...she adores him!! He was just laughing and beaming at her...then I started to feel sort of left out and he looked at me and just smiled and laughed. I needed that, he is such a joy! I told Clint (probably the second day in) that "Hudson is feeling like such a part of me now. I have always loved him as my own, but now he truly feels like a part of me." Does that make sense? This trip was so worth it...God is faithful! I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate your friendships, knowing that you are holding us up in prayer. Thank you!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you made it home safely and that leaving Hudson went as well as can be expected! I hurt for you that you had to leave him, I just can't imagine. We will continue to pray for you and pray that Hudson comes home soon!

Mindy :)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you made it home to your girls ok. I continue to pray for a speedy homecoming for Hudson! Karen M.

Amber said...

Jami,

I"m thankful for the memories you made while down there with your little guy . .how exciting how many more are ahead! We have been and will continue to pray for you all.

love you, amber

LouLou said...

Jami,
I am so proud of you. God will be true to His word! Hudson and AP will be home soon, I just KNOW it. All of my family has gone on and on about how precious you, Clint, and Hudson are. You are wonderful people, and I'm so glad I got to meet you. I prayed for you all day Sunday, and I'm so glad you did well. I know those precious girls were thrilled to see their mommy and daddy.

Love you!
Lou

Anonymous said...

It brings tears to my eyes...just feeling all of your support. Keep praying...

Jami

Bekah said...

Jami--Welcome home. We were praying for you guys as you left Hudson behind...it's so comforting to know that he loves his foster mom and that she was excited to see him! But I also can see how that hurts too because you want to be his only mama....soon!! So the embassy was closed because of Bush, huh? GRRR. I need a report of some progress!!! Oh please Lord!

Katie said...

Jami-
Welcome back!!! We have been praying for you guys. It sounds that you had a wonderful time with Baby Hudson. Love the albritts

Mrs. Hany said...

Jami,
I was just struck today how neat it will be for Hudson to look back on this blog and read all of the love, hope, and faith you had for him. There are so many people looking forward to his arrival home. We continue to pray.

Rebekah said...

Jami and Clint,
Welcome home...but I'm sure it is hard to feel completely "at home" when part of your heart is in another place...Kind of how it feels to have someone special in Heaven I bet...the waiting somehow makes the hope of the reunion more special.

We love you and can hardly wait to finally meet Hudson "for real"...hopefully soon!

love,
rebekah

Natalie said...

Glad to hear that you made it home safe and sound.

I know exactly what you mean when you say you always knew he was part of you, but now you truly feel it. I feel the same way about Bella.

I will keep your family in my prayers!