GO ILLINI!! :)
Now, I'm the type of person who likes to just get it done...if I think about it...I want to do it. For example, last night at 11:00 I decided to get this fax sent off to the (American Embassy in Guatemala) so I worked on it to no avail. I went up to my room where Clint was already in bed. I told him that it wasn't working and left it running so it would keep redialing and hopefully connect and send at one point. I think my actual comment was "It's just going to go all night." The lights were out and he was in bed but when I said that, he sat straight up (like a jack in the box) and starting explaining (ever so "lovingly") that it's a long distance call and "do you know how much money that could cost us?" "Hundreds!" OOPS!! I don't always have the best commen sense... :) I'm glad for a good and sensible man!!
Anyway, so I wait...but the point of this post was...I'm SO GLAD WE WENT TO VISIT! I now know how he loves to be teased and talked to...how soft his skin is....how black his eyes are....how much his foster mama loves him...how love knows no language barriors...how absolutely adorable he is...how he is so easy to make smile and laugh...how he sits so still for his bath...how he gets quite mad when I try to burp him while he is eating his bottle...how he squeals and squeaks...how he kicked his legs...how quietly he sleeps...how much he belongs to us...how precious he is...
Words cannot adequately describe the wonderful time we had with our son who we love so much!! Every time I have stepped out in faith, left my comfort zone, and trusted Christ...I am blessed beyond measure!! Thank You Lord for giving me the heart desire to adopt and putting this incredible miracle in our lives...named Hudson!! ALLELUAH!!
"Do not sorrow, for the joy of the Lord is your strength." Nehemiah 8:10
"When I am called to a behavior or attitude that is higher than my humanness, I'm comforted when I remember that it's not I, but He, who loves through me." quote by Marilyn Meberg


5 comments:
He is DARLING!!!!
Jami,
I have also been blessed with peace since I have been home. I have also been STRANGELY patient. God gets all this glory, because it is surely not of me! My nesting has kicked in. I am working so hard to get her room all ready. Daisy says that means that she's about to come home. I trust God that He will send her soon. I also pray for Hudson to get PA, so that little man can move into PGN. This leap of faith has made me a better and stronger person in serving the Lord. I still have a long way to go on my walk with Him, but I pray that I continue to make progress. God will be faithful and hear our prayers.
Love you!
Oh Jami! I just cried when I saw all those pictures of Hudson and you and Clint....my heart just aches for you guys! I thought and prayed for you alot while we were gone (and I was sick in bed). I am so happy you guys have been able to squeeze your sweet little boy! You should have a little party when he comes home so everyone can squeeze him!!! If I understand correctly, your adoption process is almost over??? Providing of course that all goes well the first and only round! Just think, he is almost home girl! I bet Paige and Raegan are anxious to hold him as well. I will be continually praying for you!!! Hang in there!
jami-
I just wanted to let you know that we are still praying for you. Hudson will be in your arms soon.
Jami--He is so STINKING CUTE! I just love the picture of him sitting on the bed with that sweet little smile on his face. I am praying Eloisa is as easy to make smile as Hudson is...those smiles just melt my heart! Praying you get PA news today!
Post a Comment